Re: RFS: sanduhr (restoring removed package)

scripsit Neil Williams:
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:26:28 -0700
> Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@kinias.org> wrote:
>
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.93-2 of my package
> > "sanduhr" (currently removed from unstable).
>
> This just isn't good enough - not by a long way. Packages are not
> removed from unstable without due cause so be OPEN about the cause -
> this is open source, this is Debian - "we don't hide problems".

I certainly have no desire to be opaque; I erred on the side of
brevity as I thought an excessively verbose RFS would be ill-received.
I see that I was most profoundly mistaken, and I will try to provide
all information that may be helpful.

> At the absolute minimum you *must* include the bug numbers that caused
> the package to be removed from unstable in the first place AND specify
> those in the list of bugs that would be closed because when a package
> is reintroduced, the bugs that were closed by the removal become
> relevant again!

The reason for removal as cited in the package developer's info page
<http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/sanduhr.html> was bug 360269
<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=360269>.  This was the
bug by which the developer and previous maintainer orphaned the package
on 2006-03-31.  On 2007-07-16 the bug was changed to `RM: sanduhr --
RoQA; abandoned upstream, orphaned for over a year'.  On 2007-07-20,
Mohammed Adnène Trojette posted to the bug: