Re: RFS: cellwriter

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 17:37 -0500, Michael Levin wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 22:38 +0100, Jonny Lamb wrote:
> >  * debian/control has a format for homepage URLs, which is *two* spaces
> >    then "Homepage: http://www.example.com/";
>
> I can't find mention of this in either the Policy or the New
> Maintainer's guide, how is that supposed to look? Does that go in the
> description or is that one of the control lines (if so, why two spaces
> in front of it..?)

Mm, I've tried to find the mailing list post *I* first read it in lots
of times, but have always failed. It's not policy, but I think most do
it (correct me if I'm wrong). Here's an example:

Package: cellwriter
Architecture: any
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}
 CellWriter is a grid-entry natural handwriting input panel.
 As you write characters into the cells, your writing is instantly
 recognized at the character level. When you press 'Enter' on the panel,
 the input you entered is sent to the currently focused application as
 if typed on the keyboard.
 .
   * Writer-dependent, learns your handwriting for reliable recognition
   * Correcting preprocessor algorithms account for digitizer noise,
     differing stroke order, direction, and number of strokes
   * Unicode support enables you to write in your native language
 .
  Homepage: http://risujin.org/cellwriter

I think using "  Homepage <http://url>" also works. It basically just
allows packages.d.o and other places to pick that up as a URL and link
nicely to it..

Hope that helps,

--
Jonny Lamb, UK                               jonnylamb@jonnylamb.com