Re: How to deliver an binary file

Vincent Bernat wrote:
> OoO  Pendant le  temps de  midi du  dimanche 19  août 2007,  vers 12:06,
> Christian Welzel <gawain@camlann.de> disait:
>
> > i packaged typo3-src and had to add an source-file for a font that is used
> > inside typo3. The file is a gzipped .sfd file and currently i handle this by
> > repackaging the orig.tar.gz (my former sponsor wanted this). But my
> > new sponsor thinks this should be added during package build. But this way
> > the 88kb binary file would be in the diff.gz...
> > What is the prefered way to handle this ?
>
> > PS: i talked to upstream some time ago and they do not want to add
> > this into their releases. So i have to handle this on my own.
>
> To be able to include it in  diff.gz, you need to encode it. You can use
> uudecode to decode it. Therefore, you need to source depend on sharutils.
> --
> I WILL NOT CUT CORNERS
> "  "    "   "   "   "
> "  "    "   "   "   "
> -+- Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode 7F11

You don't need sharutils, you can use perl's pack function

See the footnote in the Developer's Reference
http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/footnotes.en.html#f7
--
Julian Andres Klode

IRC Nickname:   juliank (Debian/OFTC + Freenode, GimpNet)
Fellow of FSFE: https://www.fsfe.org/en/fellows/jak (No. 1049)
Debian Wiki:    http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode
Ubuntu Wiki:    http://wiki.ubuntu.com/JulianAndresKlode
In Launchpad:   https://launchpad.net/~juliank
My packages:  http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=jak@jak-linux.org
Languages:      German, English, [bit French]