Re: unable to build gdb from source

On 15/08/07, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <kamaraju@bluebottle.com> wrote:
> Can some one tell me what I am doing wrong here? I am unable to build gdb
> from source on a machine running sid. I did
>
> $apt-get source gdb
> $cd gdb-6.6.dfsg/
> $ dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot
>
> The build log is attached in this email. What puzzles me is that, according
>

> rmdir /home/raju/downloaded packages source/gdb-6.6.dfsg/objdir
> rmdir: /home/raju/downloaded: No such file or directory
> rmdir: packages: No such file or directory
> rmdir: source/gdb-6.6.dfsg/objdir: No such file or directory

Seems like cdbs is using $(CURDIR) without using quotes.

> /usr/bin/make -C /home/raju/downloaded packages source/gdb-6.6.dfsg/objdir -k distclean
> make: *** /home/raju/downloaded: No such file or directory.  Stop.
same problem here.

You should fill a bug against the cdbs package; and if you can't wait
for the maintainer to patch it then build it from a directory which
doesn't have spaces in its name.

--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.

Say NO to Microsoft Office broken standard.
See http://www.noooxml.org/petition