Re: RFS: audtty

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 11:06:19PM +0200, Chris Taylor wrote......

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "audtty".
>
> * Package name    : audtty
>   Version         : 0.1.5a-1

A few comments:

The package does not build for me. It fails with: Unmet build
dependencies: automake. I have automake1.4 and automake1.7
specifically installed. Once I installed the virtual automake (which
provides automake 1.10), it then built o.k. You may want to specify
automake1.10 specifically as a Builds-Depends.  You could stick with
automake, but what happens when the virtual package automake
provides automake1.11 in the future. Will your package break?

The changelog shows 2 entries - an initial release and then an
update. Since this is the first release, why not just one entry?
Also, you have two bugs open for audtty (one RFP and one ITP). You
should have retitled the RFP to an ITP and taken it over instead of
the two separate bugs you now have. You may want to merge them now
and then close just one bug in your changelog. Any way you do it,
just make sure both bugs get closed once the package is uploaded.

Is this a spelling mistake in debian/rules:

    DEB_MAKE_CHEACK_TARGET =

Does it do anything? And why the commented out line:

    #DEB_CONFIGURE_EXTRA_FLAGES = --prefix=$(DEB_DESTDIR)

If you don't need it, remove it. And remove the excess whitespace in
that file too.

Drop README.Debian since it is empty.

Remove the comments and cruft from debian/watch. You only need 2
lines in that file.

You need to clean up the debian/copyright file. See the package
csstidy for an example.

Address these items and we'll take another look at it.

--
Kevin Coyner  GnuPG key: 1024D/8CE11941