Re: Sponsor Checklist

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:53:49 +0100, Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> said:

> On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:40:26 -0500
> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:

>> Hmm.  Since the DD/sponsor is the one who creates the uploaded
>> packages, they do not have to insis; they can just make it so. I hope
>> DD's do the actual tend build/clean/rebuild/piuparts-run personally.

> I can never run piuparts - it just takes far too long over my crippled
> internet connection. Isn't there some way of getting piuparts to use
> the cached archives like pbuilder does? I already use the existing
> pbuilder chroot but downloading ALL dependencies EVERY TIME piuparts
> runs is completely useless to me.

        I am not sure I follow.  You can stash the tarball for the
 chroot (you need chroots for pbuilder anyway).  Then you just have
 piuparts do a simple install-purge test.

    piuparts ../foo_1.0-2_i386.deb

> It's far easier for me to run sudo pbuilder update, login copy the
> necessary built files into the chroot and test from there. I fail to
> understand why piuparts is just so difficult to use without a super
> fast connection. Just how long is it meant to take to run the full
> piuparts test against sid, lenny and etch for a Gnome package on a
> <1Mb connection? I gave up after FOUR HOURS. Even a single piuparts
> run against sid takes far too long for me to do anything useful with
> it.

        Running the full suite with upgrade tests is nice; but perhaps
 can be skipped for people with slow connections.

        manoj
--
Television has proved that people will look at anything rather than each
other. Ann Landers