Re: info about puiparts

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 23:14:51 +0800, Thomas Goirand <thomas@goirand.fr> said:

> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> Hmm.  Since the DD/sponsor is the one who creates the uploaded
>> packages, they do not have to insis; they can just make it so. I hope
>> DD's do the actual tend build/clean/rebuild/piuparts-run personally.
>> Therefore I actually am only insistent on the sources being
>> available, since I usually discard the pre-build .debs anyway.

> Excuse my ignorance, but where can I find infos about piuparts?

__> apt-cache show piuparts
 piuparts tests that .deb packages (as used by Debian) handle
 installation, upgrading, and removal correctly. It does this by
 creating a minimal Debian installation in a chroot, and installing,
 upgrading, and removing packages in that environment, and comparing the
 state of the directory tree before and after. piuparts reports any
 files that have been added, removed, or modified during this process.
 .
 piuparts is meant as a quality assurance tool for people who create .deb
 packages to test them before they upload them to the Debian package archive.
  Homepage: http://piuparts.alioth.debian.org/

        manoj
--
This is the ____LAST time I take travel suggestions from Ray