Re: ITR: gnome-phone-manager

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:04:17 +0100
Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:04:10 +0200
> Francesco Namuri <francesco@namuri.it> wrote:
>
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "gnome-phone-manager".
>
> I wish I had the time to do this one - I somehow expect it to be a
> tricky package overall though because bluetooth things often are in
> Gnome.
>
> I'll see if I can fit in a quick review, unless anyone else is able to
> sponsor it?

OK, a quick review.

debian/copyright seems very verbose - see #435070, I don't think all of
those copyright lines are strictly necessary but that is not something
you need to fix, just a curiosity.

pbuilder build is fine. package contents appear fine. Ubuntu has this
package already (and a few open bugs) but hasn't had an update recently
- do you happen to know if your SVN code includes the patches that
Ubuntu are currently using?

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/gnome-phone-manager/+bugs
http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/universe/g/gnome-phone-manager/gnome-phone-manager_0.8-0ubuntu3/changelog

The package also creates /usr/sbin because of a template debian/dirs
file - that could be removed.

One thing you should do, before the first upload, is create a
debian/patches directory and add the CDBS simple patch system support
to debian/rules.

include /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/simple-patchsys.mk

This makes it a lot easier for others to test and implement patches
to help you with bug reports. This is the kind of package that will
attract quite a few bug reports and a lot of those will be specific to
particular hardware that you simply cannot ever be able to test. Make
sure you are ready for these kind of issues.

There are some more checks to do - depending on how much time I can
find in the next few days - but if anyone else is able to sponsor this
one . . .

--

Neil Williams