(still) RFS: syck -- a fast YAML parser kit (updated/improved package)

Hello mentors, (David: after your blog post I decided to Cc ;-) )

I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.55+svn256-1 of the
package 'syck', which is already in Debian. Robert Jordens
<jordens@debian.org> is the registered maintainer and has given me
permission to take the package, but has stopped respoding to my mail.

The meta data:

* Package name    : syck
  Version         : 0.55+svn256-1
  Upstream Author : Why The Lucky Stiff <why@whytheluckystiff.net>
* URL             : http://whytheluckystiff.net/syck
* License         : BSD
  Section         : devel

Where to get the package:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/syck/syck_0.55+svn256-1.dsc

Why you really want to sponsor this:
YAML <http://yaml.org> is a great language, and syck is quite a good and
especially fast parser for it (the package includes PHP5 (was PHP4!)
bindings and the C lib). At the moment, syck is in a very lousy state in
Debian - an antique (and thus less useful) version full of bugs. After
this upload, the state of it would be much less lousy --- The fixed bugs
can be used as a simple inaccurate statistical proof here:

it fixes bugs 324316, 359245, 378440, 415217, 418308, 432416

This upload would also enable the upload of my package python-syck,
which would fix a user request and another bunch of bugs.

I hope this package not to be too much hassle; It's lintian and linda
clean at any rate.

I would like to add that the package has been finished for over a month.
(I first requested sponsorship on this list in 26 Jun...)

Thank you for reading this far,
Looking forward to hearing from you

	Thomas Jollans