Re: ITS: libitpp (minor update)

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:20:41 +0530
Kumar Appaiah <akumar@ee.iitm.ac.in> wrote:

> Thanks for the tip. I now Build-Depend only on texlive-latex-base,
> since that is sufficient and TeX Live is, anyway, the present and
> future of TeX in Debian since teTeX upstream stopped makeing updates.

OK.

> In any case, I have re-uploaded it to Mentors with the same revision
> number, since I am not yet clear about the mentors versioning policy
> you want, and also believe that more changes won't be necessary.
>
> dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libitpp/libitpp_3.99.2-2.dsc

I would have preferred 3.99.2-3 - my versioning policy for mentors is:
a new Debian version for every mentors upload. I then use (in the case
of libitpp) -v3.99.2-1 to collapse those changelog entries into one set
for the .changes file.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2007/07/msg00249.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2007/07/msg00255.html

I'll try and organise a page on http://people.debian.org/~codehelp/
later today.

It's OK for this upload, Kumar, what I want to ensure is this line:
dget: using existing libitpp_3.99.2.orig.tar.gz

By using an incremented version, I can dget the .dsc into the same
directory as the previous upload and this makes checking for mistakes
much easier. This time, I could simply remove the previous -2 files and
keep the original -1 files but next time, please use 'dch -i' before the
rebuild if you need to update the package on mentors.

Uploaded.

--

Neil Williams