Re: RFS: gnome-specimen

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 12:35:17PM +0530, Kartik Mistry <kartik.mistry@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "gnome-specimen".
>
> * Package name    : gnome-specimen
>  Version         : 0.3-1
>  Upstream Author : Wouter Bolsterlee <wbolster@gnome.org>
> * URL             : <http://uwstopia.nl/geek/projects/gnome-specimen/>
> * License         : GPL
>  Section         : gnome
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> gnome-specimen - Simple font preview and compare application for Gnome
>
> The package appears to be lintian/linda/pbuilder clean.
>
> The upload would fix these bugs: 434250

> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gnome-specimen/gnome-specimen_0.3-1.dsc

Just a few notes:
- In the manpage, I would add an article ('a') between "gnome-specimen
  is" and "simple tool".
- In the manpage, still, most of the options (especially bonobo activation
  and gnome library options) are pretty useless.
- I think you should build depend on python-dev instead of
  python-all-dev.
- I don't really know cdbs, but i guess you can either put all your
  build dependencies in build-depends or build-depends-indep.

I'm not confortable with sponsoring a package using cdbs, but if nobody
steps in, I will, since I'm very interested in having this in the
archive.

Cheers,

Mike