Re: List of (un)sponsored packages on Mentors (approximate)

On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 07:37:13PM +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
> Hi,
> * Kumar Appaiah <akumar@ee.iitm.ac.in> [2007-07-22 19:26]:
> > (Cross posted to debian-devel, debian-mentors)
> > Dear Debian developers,
> >
> > I have written a few crude and rudimentary scripts to find an
> > approximate list of packages which have been or have _not_ been
> > sponsored despite an RFS to debian-mentors.
> >
> > The program generates bad output if the RFS mailer has not given the
> > package name right after the first "RFS" in the subject, that too,
> > with a space etc., but it's a start, and gives you the idea.
> >
> > Also, the list is a HTML page, with every package having a link. The
> > link points to the RFS message in the Debian Mentors archive.
> [...]
> Thanks for your work! But basically you do work that already
> had been done by mentors.debian.net. Ok not everyone is
> using this service but it would be good if they would.

Kumar and I talked on IRC and I wondered how many of the RFS'd packages
get actually uploaded. mentors.debian.net recognizes when an uploaded
package gets sponsored but so far I was too lazy to implement proper
statistics at that point. Even then it would only measure packages that
used mentors.debian.net as an intermediate repository.

The actual discussion came up when we talked about whether the current
GR on non-DDs with upload permissions is good or bad for Debian. And we
agreed that Debian lacks a lot of packages just because the poor package
maintainer (tm) didn't find a sponsor in time.

Cheers
 Christoph