Re: RFS: throttle

On 7/22/07, Nico Golde <nico@ngolde.de> wrote:
> >> throttle   - A bandwidth limiting pipe
> >
> >The cstream package (already in Debian) seems to provide the same
> >feature. Can you please look at it and check whether throttle has
> >some unique features so that it makes sense to have both throttle and
> >cstream in Debian?
>
> cstream looks great. It can do what throttle can do with much power.
> but, throttle is small program.
>
> Can we not have two program of similar functionality? like gnome and
> kde both are in Debian have many similar programs.

No I don't think this is true. I mean are there difference
apart from the look or command line parameters whatever? In
functionality (of course look would be a criteria in kde and
gnome but they have a strong focus on the look while
bandwidht limitation tools should have a strong focus on
bandwith limitation) for example?

Thats what differs in kde and gnome. Does it
differ here too?

Hi Nico,

As I said, throttle is too simple with 3 or 4 command line options
written in mind with simple use. While, cstream has lots of options
available to configure your need.

I will love if anyone can sponsor it :)

Cheers,
Kartik Mistry  | Eng: kartikmistry.org/blog
0xD1028C8D | Guj: kartikm.wordpress.com