Re: RFS: throttle

Hi,
* Kartik Mistry <kartik.mistry@gmail.com> [2007-07-22 18:04]:
> On 7/22/07, Stefan Fritsch <sf@sfritsch.de> wrote:
> >Kartik Mistry wrote:
> >> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "throttle".
> >> throttle   - A bandwidth limiting pipe
> >
> >The cstream package (already in Debian) seems to provide the same
> >feature. Can you please look at it and check whether throttle has
> >some unique features so that it makes sense to have both throttle and
> >cstream in Debian?
>
> cstream looks great. It can do what throttle can do with much power.
> but, throttle is small program.
>
> Can we not have two program of similar functionality? like gnome and
> kde both are in Debian have many similar programs.

No I don't think this is true. I mean are there difference
apart from the look or command line parameters whatever? In
functionality (of course look would be a criteria in kde and
gnome but they have a strong focus on the look while
bandwidht limitation tools should have a strong focus on
bandwith limitation) for example?

Thats what differs in kde and gnome. Does it
differ here too?

Kind regards
Nico
--