Re: dpatch or quilt? in maintainer guide

On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 11:38:55PM +0200, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Osamu Aoki [Sun, 22 Jul 2007 05:59:20 +0900]:
>
> > If someone makes checking on the archive "how many packages build
> > depends on dpatch and quit", and tell me quilt is getting enough
> > popularity, I may consider changing text there to mention quit may be
> > used as an alternative to dpatch.  (I thoght about it but I did not
> > want to overload this guide too much thus kept quiet on quilt.)
>
> Here are the numbers:
>
>     dist | quilt | dpatch
>   -------|----------------
>    sarge |    11 |    485
>   -------|-------|--------
>     etch |   338 |   1185
>   -------|-------|--------
>    lenny |   515 |   1393
>      sid |   598 |   1505
>
> I believe it's very appropriate to at least mention quilt in the new
> maintainer guide.

OK.  Thanks.  I quoted this and filed bug report to maint-guide myself.
Let's continue there to nail down the best text for the update.

My thought is not to go into detail for quilt yet since it is still 1/3
of dpatch.

I welcome your thought to be posted to the BTS of maint-guide.