Re: ITR: libitpp (updated package)

Dear Neil,

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 01:03:54PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> > > version? Change to unstable?

Based on your advice, the destination is now unstable. It's not worth
tracking two separate streams when the real features are in this
one. Also, it doesn't _break_ anything (other than itself, maybe, but
that's something I'll have too check! :-p)

> > I'll look into this. What is the alternative to lapack?
>
> I'm not sure there is one - lapack isn't the same kind of problem as

OK, so here's the plan. I keep the dependency on lapack as it is, and
keep checking bug #379288, which is what addresses our concern. Is this OK?

> > > This does, however, raise a different issue - is there some way I can
> > > test the package?

I have added make check.

Now, the updated package is at:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libitpp/libitpp_3.99.2-1.dsc

However, I am yet to try it out with GSL. Will give that a shot now,
though I feel using GSL just for cblas, that too, when atlas is an
optional dependency, is not worth it.

Thanks a lot!
Kumar
--