Re: Request advice on a package for Aladdin eToken (TM) support

* Dennis van Dok (dennisvd@nikhef.nl) [070609 01:40]:
> I've made a package for supporting the Aladdin eToken PRO smartcard.
> There is some info hero [1]. The deb I've prepared is only free
> software, basically a bundle of tools like openssl, opensc etc.

I think it is a very good idea to make a package to make using this
device easier, but: I doubt it is a good idea to just bundle all of the
different source packages together. For example, we have opensc 0.11.2
already in Debian. Of course, it might end up that there is one package
where you need a very specific version, but in the general case,
"Depends" should be enough. (And, BTW, once this is done I'm interessted
in sponsoring it.)

> However, without the proprietary drivers from Aladdin it is not much
> use. So that would make it a candidate for contrib, if I understand the
> rules correctly.

Agreed.

Cheers,
Andi