Re: ITS: homebank

Hi Neil,
meanwhile I want to thank you for the precious suggestions and for the
sponsorship.

On Ven, Giugno 1, 2007 11:26, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 02:09:36 +0200 (CEST)
> "francesco namuri" <francesco@namuri.it> wrote:
>
>> On Ven, Giugno 1, 2007 00:16, Neil Williams wrote:
>> > On Thu, 31 May 2007 22:45:01 +0200 (CEST)
>> >
>> > 1. The long description can be improved. The use of 'even more!' is
>> not
>> ideal and some of the features (like import/export) could do with some
>> more detail. The "standard" application in this area is gnucash (I was a
>> gnucash developer at one time) and your long description should follow
>> that template and tell the user how homebank differs from the "standard"
>> app in the field. For one thing, you should make a big deal about how
>> quickly homebank starts up compared to gnucash (which
>> > probably has a LOT to do with the vastly reduced number of
>> > dependencies).
>>
>> I hope now it's ok...
>
> "better look and feel" is subjective but that's OK. (You also refer to
> the speed twice which is, umm, excessive.) ;-)
>
> For the next upload, consider something like:
>  HomeBank is a fast, simple and easy to use program to manage your
> accounts. HomeBank has a simpler look and feel than gnucash and
> includes features such as easy analysis with graphical charts
> (statistics, budget, overdrawn, car cost), multiple account support,
> budget management, reminders, import from OFX/QFX-CSV files and visual
> status indicators. It is based on GTK2.

perfect, in the next upload I will change the description

> Something else for upstream too

[cut]

I will write a letter to the author informing him on all these issuess, I
think that he should have the whole interest to implement all these
improvements. In contrary case I will prepare some patches to be able to
fix everything the possible as my behalf as mainteiner in the next upload.

thanks again Neil, I hope to have soon positive novelty from the author.

kind regards,
francesco

--
Francesco Namuri