Re: RFS: gnofract4d

Hi Ricardo,

On Ven, Giugno 1, 2007 19:27, Ricardo Mones wrote:

> | fractutils/gf4d_subprocess.py:
> |
> | #By obtaining, using, and/or copying this software and/or its
> | #associated documentation, you agree that you have read, understood,
> | #and will comply with the following terms and conditions:
> | #
> | #Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and
> | #its associated documentation for any purpose and without fee is
> | #hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice appears in
> | #all copies, and that both that copyright notice and this permission
> | #notice appear in supporting documentation, and that the name of the
> | #author not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to
> | #distribution of the software without specific, written prior
> | #permission.
>
>   To my understanding this is contrary to DFSG #1 because you cannot sell
> it, permission is only given "for any purpose AND without fee".
>
>   So either you contact the upstream author and agree with him to change
> this clause or you package it for non-free.

Yes, you are right, I've searched in google and I've found a problem like
this one in other package; the license has been changed in subprocess.py
distributed with python2.4, I've asked the upstream author to change this
file with the one of python2.4, now I'm waiting the answer hoping that he
agree. In the meanwhile I've uploaded to mentors a new version of the
package changing the section to non-free.

kind regards,
francesco

--
Francesco Namuri