Re: Advice on packaging SAGE
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Advice on packaging SAGE
- From: Marcus Better <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 15:11:05 +0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070601083853.GA13944@pcpool00.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>
Bernhard R. Link wrote:
>> IIRC Singular has licensing restrictions (requires citing the authors) so
>> I don't think it can go in main.
> I don't think that is part of the license.
I don't know, but I think that at least a clarification from the authors is
needed. Citing the license :
"This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the
Free Software Foundation ( version 2 of the License ); with the
following additional restrictions (which override any conflicting
restrictions in the GPL):"
Note especially the last two lines.
> After the license there is
> first a request to send in comments and bugs to a specific address,
> then a request to register yourself as user, then this
No, that's not after the license, but after the blurb which seems to state
that those requests are additional restrictions. (Actually they contradict
But I agree that the intention is likely as you interpret it, so it should
not be difficult to get a clarification.