Re: Advice on packaging SAGE

Bernhard R. Link wrote:
>> IIRC Singular has licensing restrictions (requires citing the authors) so
>> I don't think it can go in main.
>
> I don't think that is part of the license.

I don't know, but I think that at least a clarification from the authors is
needed. Citing the license [1]:

"This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the
Free Software Foundation ( version 2 of the License ); with the
following additional restrictions (which override any conflicting
restrictions in the GPL):"

Note especially the last two lines.

> After the license there is
> first a request to send in comments and bugs to a specific address,
> then a request to register yourself as user, then this
> request:

No, that's not after the license, but after the blurb which seems to state
that those requests are additional restrictions. (Actually they contradict
the GPL...)

But I agree that the intention is likely as you interpret it, so it should
not be difficult to get a clarification.

Regards,

Marcus

[1] http://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/ftp/pub/Math/Singular/COPYING