Re: Advice on packaging SAGE

* Marcus Better <marcus@better.se> [070601 15:12]:
> Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> >> IIRC Singular has licensing restrictions (requires citing the authors) so
> >> I don't think it can go in main.
> >
> > I don't think that is part of the license.
>
> I don't know, but I think that at least a clarification from the authors is
> needed. Citing the license [1]:
>
> "This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
> under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the
> Free Software Foundation ( version 2 of the License ); with the
> following additional restrictions (which override any conflicting
> restrictions in the GPL):"
>
> Note especially the last two lines.

Hm, after the colon there is a list of subdirectories having their own
copyrights and/or licenses. Then there is a warrenty disclaimer and
notice where to get a full text of the GPL if not included.

But even if there is quite some text in between, it makes it more
difficult to decide, of course.

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link