Re: peless-1.125 repackaged

> http://web.ticino.com/gfwp/debian/peless-1.125/peless_1.125-1.dsc
>
> I hope now it should be ok

Almost there :)

> P.S. the md5sum of orig.tar.gz and peless.tar.bz2 are obviously not
> the same, but uupdate repackages it automatically during upgrade. If
> this is an issue, the I'll upload a version created from scratch
> using only peless-1.125.tar.bz2.

What you should do in this case is to re-compress the tarfile with
something like "bzcat some.tar.bz2 | gzip -9 > some.tar.gz". This way
the tar itself will remain exactly the same. In any case, no need to
create anything from scratch!

> P.S. for Paul: please choose a tarball compression format anf keep it!
> (tar.gz or tar.bz2 but forever...) otherwise I have to correct the
> debian/watch file all the time.

You don't need to change debian/watch, just use (?:....) for grouping
without capturing. See below.

Actually, debian/watch does not work. Here's what works for berlios
(and for both bz2 and gz):

opts=downloadurlmangle=s/prdownload/download/ \
  http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1681 \
  http://prdownload.berlios.de/peless/peless-(.*).tar.(?:gz|bz2)

I see you've abandoned all detailed changelog entries for 1.125-1.
Either
a) use only "initial release (closes #...)" for 1.125 and drop 1.108
or
b) add to 1.125-1 entry the changes made *in the packagig* since 1.108

I'd go with a)