From: Dominic Hargreaves [mailto:dom@earth.li]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 6:15 PM
To: Deepak Kumar Tripathi
Cc: debian-mentors@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: question about debian packaging.

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 04:39:46PM +0530, Deepak Kumar Tripathi wrote:

> Yes you are right but I am not able to run the script when I am using
> dpkg -i abc_1.1.deb
>
> And my postinst is  a perl file which will change some configuration.

Please keep replies on-list.

The postinst script should be run by dpkg when the package is installed.
Is it possible that your script is not operating correctly, or not
installed correctly? Can you show us your source package? Without being
able to see what you are do we're only speculating.

Dominic.

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, contains confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and is subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.

www.aztecsoft.com