Re: bugreport, debian, ubuntu

Le Thu, May 17, 2007 at 04:01:03AM -0500, Paul Elliott a écrit :

> I did a "bugreport --email pelliott@io.com wnpp"
> but it never asked me to "Choose the request type:" like it
> says in this web page:
> http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/
> finnaly when it began saying it was going to send the report off
> to an ubuntu mailing list, I aborted it.
>
> Is there a way to file a RFP from ubuntu? What am I doing wrong?

Dear Paul,

reportbug has a nice -B option to deal with this (man reportbug).

However, if you want to develop for Debian, I would strongly reommend to
have at least a Debian Sid chroot (or a [cow|p|s]builder). It is still
quite big to download, but definitely less than a whole system...

Good luck !

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org