Re: Rebuilding the whole archive.

(I'm not subscribed to the list)

> On Mon May 14, 2007 at 09:15:23 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > Dear Mentors,
> >
> > I would like to do a mass rebuild of at least a significant part of the
> > archive to investigate a potential problem on G5 running the powerpc
> > port.  I am currently trying to use
> > /usr/share/doc/pbuilder/examples/pbuildd/buildd.sh from the pbuilder
> > package, but I have a few problems with it.

> > I also wanted to try wanna-build, but the only archive I found
> > explicitely forbids the usage of the program:
> > (http://svn.cyberhqz.com/svn/wanna-build/debian/changelog)
> > Since this was added after the parution of Julien Danjou's buildd howto,
> > I am taking the message seriously and will not use wanna-build.
> >
> > Even if I manage with buildd.sh, I would be interested to know about
> > alternatives. My main interest is to generate build logs, but I do not
> > need to keep the .debs. Are there better tools for this ?

If you just want to rebuild all packages once, you don't need
wanna-build. Just parse the Source files and get the list of (package,
version) you want to build. Then use pbuilder or sbuild to build them
all.

My preference goes to sbuild, because it's closer to what is really
running on the buildds (so you get less false positives). But pbuilder
should probably suit your needs as well.

Good luck,