Re: NEED MENTOR- HELP ME!!!!!!

On Sun, 13 May 2007 22:01:11 +0530
"bharath kumar gopalan" <bharathkumar.gopalan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to get involved myself in the debian development especially in
> the areas of kernel developent and device drivers development. I know quite
> some c,c++  since I am very new to this I would like to know if anyone is
> intrested in guiding me.

Debian development doesn't necessarily involve writing new kernel code
or new device drivers, that's generally an "upstream" task - see
SourceForge or Savannah or the kernel development sites. Debian is
about some native packages (to do with tasks specific to Debian only)
and packaging upstream code for Debian users. Many Debian Developers
also have upstream projects, whether in C/C++, Perl, Python or
whatever, but the focus of this list is Debian packaging, not upstream
development.

The mentors list is for helping people who have already prepared a
package. Follow the New Maintainer Guide [0] and build your first
package, then come back to the mentors list.

[0] http://www.uk.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/

See also:
http://www.uk.debian.org/devel/
http://www.uk.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/