Re: RFS: ibpp

Hi, David,

-=| David Paleino, Sat, 12 May 2007 14:54:12 +0200 |=-
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "ibpp".
>
>   Version         : 2.5.3.1-1
> * URL             : http://www.ibpp.org

> It builds these binary packages:
> ibpp       - C++ client interface for Firebird

As I understand it, the IBPP files are simply copied
in /usr/include/ibpp. While this is not bad by itself, I wonder, what
is the purpose of the package?

Don't get me wrong, I am not against the package, it would be just
interesting to hear the reasons why you need it.

When packaging flamerobin, I talked to Olivier (IBPP lead developer)
and his preference was not to make IBPP a separate *library* package,
but simply continue to include it in the applications' source (as
flamerobin does). Your package is not a library one, but still, did you
talk to upstream stating your intention to package IBPP?

> It seems to me that the IBPP License is a free software license.
> It can be read at <http://www.ibpp.org/license>. Should I contact
> debian-legal?

Flamerobin[1] includes IBPP in its sources and it passed
d-legal and ftp-master approval.

dam
[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/f/flamerobin.html (see "copyright"
link below)