RFC: zfs-fuse packaging

Dear mentors,

I've been working on packaging for the FUSE ZFS implementation[1] and
I'd appreciate any comments or advice you might be able to give on the
package. Since the upstream source is not yet really considered
"stable" by any means, I intend to simply host it off my own server
for now (though if anyone would be willing to sponsor weekly-ish
pushes to experimental that'd be fine too).

ZFS is a filesystem developed for Solaris by Sun, with advanced
features such as block-level checksums on all data and metadata, extra
backup copies of filesystem metadata (and, optionally, file contents
as well), transparent compression, and many other features. Since the
licence for ZFS is the CDDL, it's not possible to directly include it
into the Linux kernel, so the ZFS-on-FUSE project is aiming to make
ZFS usable on Linux by running it in userspace using FUSE.

ZFS uses a different system for volume management than the traditional
/etc/fstab; see zfs(8) and zpool(8) after installation, or the
documentation at http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/zfs/ . While
the latter is targetted toward OpenSolaris, the operation is
essentially the same, except for NFS support and iSCSI support, which
are not yet implemented.

Note that as the upstream source uses some custom atomic operation
primitives coded in assembler, the package will only build on i386 or
amd64 (primitives are available for sparc64 as well, but this doesn't
seem to be an architecture supported by debian - or does it have a
different name?). Is there a standard header with such operations? The
files in question are lib/libsolcompat/*/atomic.S .

To get the source:
$ dget http://www.fushizen.net/zfs-fuse/zfs-fuse_0.4.0~beta1.hg20070509.2-1.dsc
or
deb-src http://www.fushizen.net/zfs-fuse ./