Re: Installation path changes in -dev package

Hi Adeodato,

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 11:51:56AM +0200, Adeodato Simó wrote:

> * Ming Hua [Tue, 08 May 2007 03:06:09 -0500]:
>
> > I am asking you if I handled this change properly, if I missed any
> > procedure, and anything I can do better next time in a similar
> > situation.
>
> I had a look at the messages and bug you linked, and I think you handled
> the situation very well. I wish more library maintainers took so much
> care in warning their fellow maintainers about the changes ahead.
>
> Very well, too, the point about binNMUability. I'd change "Optional" to
> "Optional but highly desirable". ;-)
>
> Finally, if you're sure all affected maintainers read the list, what you
> did is ok. If not, custom practice is to CC them, just in case.

Thanks for the comments.

I thought that since I am going to file bugs to the individual packages
anyway, the maintainers are going to receive notices anyway.  However it
may be nice to make sure they get a warning before the upload.  So
thanks for this advice, I'll have it in mind next time.

Ming
2007.05.08