Re: Copyright issues GPL-PHP license

2007/5/6, Neil Williams <linux@codehelp.co.uk>:
If Ubuntu want nanoweb they are welcome to it. I see no reason to haul
this excuse of a package into Debian. I write PHP, I like PHP - within
limits - but I can honestly say I have never come across a more
inappropriate use of PHP than nanoweb. What's next, a PHP kernel?

Again, I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention to say that we should have
all the packages Ubuntu has.

This isn't about PHP, it isn't about copyright, it is simply a bad
package that was badly thought out and badly implemented with the wrong
design in mind. The idea of a web server written in PHP is ludicrous.

Why?
And a web server written in awk, then? Is that of any real-world use?
I've seen implementations of that on the Internet. I admit that this
is not enough reason to package it though.

Debian should and does censor daft programming. Just because you can,
does not mean you should.

If that means keeping Debian a quality O.S., then I agree.

Regards,
David

--
. ''`.  Debian packager! | http://snipurl.com/gofoxygo/