Re: Copyright issues GPL-PHP license

On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 13:22 -0300, Alex Queiroz wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> On 5/6/07, Neil Williams <linux@codehelp.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > I also share Vorlon's opinion about the package as a whole:
> >
> > > In addition, the concept of a webserver written entirely in PHP is
> > > utterly abominable, an example of total programming putrifaction.  I
> > > expect this code to be so inherently unmaintainable that its very
> > > presence would warrant an RC bug.  As a DD and as a user of PHP, I
> > > would ask that this package not be uploaded to Debian.
> >

>      This is a very sad opinion. Is Debian censoring programming languages now?
>
> --
> -alex

It is perfectly allright that Neil gives his opinion about whether this
software fits in Debian or not.  This is not censoring.  Moreover, it
seems that Neil did the effort of reading the available information
about this software to give David a more complete advice.  This feels
like excellent use of the debian-mentors list.