Re: Copyright issues GPL-PHP license

Hi,

On Sonntag, 6. Mai 2007, Alex Queiroz wrote:
> On 5/6/07, Neil Williams <linux@codehelp.co.uk> wrote:
> > I also share Vorlon's opinion about the package as a whole:
> > > In addition, the concept of a webserver written entirely in PHP
> > > is utterly abominable, an example of total programming
> > > putrifaction.  I expect this code to be so inherently
> > > unmaintainable that its very presence would warrant an RC bug.
> > > As a DD and as a user of PHP, I would ask that this package not
> > > be uploaded to Debian.
>
>      This is a very sad opinion. Is Debian censoring programming
> languages now?

No, but it is already a lot of work to provide security support for
the php apps in Debian. Ubuntu's popcon shows an installed user base
for nanoweb of only 23, compared to e.g. 441 for lighttpd. I don't
think it makes sense to spend time for security support (and php apps
tend to have many issues) for so few users.

I think the situation in Ubuntu is different because there is no real
security support for universe (please correct me if I am wrong).

Cheers,
Stefan