Re: RFS: php-ffmpeg

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the reply.

On 03/05/07, Romain Beauxis <toots@rastageeks.org> wrote:
Le Friday 04 May 2007 00:32:51 Raphael Geissert, vous avez écrit:
> Dear mentors,

        Hi !

> I've made the necessary changes to my package "php-ffmpeg" so it only
> creates the php5-ffmpeg binary package.

Some preliminary remarks, I have not looked deeply:
* debian/control:
  - please wrap package description
done

  - I see no build-dep on something from ffmpeg

Build dependencies are ok now (I tested with pbuilder).
After testing under a clean chroot I noticed that it doesn't depend at
all on ffmpeg.
I also added php5-gd as a recommendation because most of the tests require it.
By the way, the first way mentioned on how to find out the build
dependencies at http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ch-dreq.en.html
doesn't seem to work anymore.

* debian/changelog:
  - Either merge both version, either change -1 to UNRELEASED and move the
close to -2 as -1 will not be released into unstable if you don't merge
changelog..

Could you please check if the changes I made (removed -2) are ok?

* debian/php5-ffmpeg.postinst:
  - There is a kind of update code. Is it really nescessary, or did you copy
paste it from another package ? As far as I can see, there is
a /etc/php5/conf.d directory that seems perfect for the configuration file..

I added it because I maintain a version of php4-ffmpeg at my
repository (http://deb.atomo64.puffinhost.com) which still uses the
old per php.ini config . So I tough that would help moving to the
official package (if it's included), but it's not really necessary. I
just removed that file.

There would be more to say but I think it's enough for a first quick review..

Just a question, is there any problem with the extension being
released under GPL?

Thanks for your time.

Romain
--
How many river do we have to cross,
Before we can talk to the boss?

--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.