Re: RFS template request

Hello,

On 4/27/07, David Paleino <d.paleino@gmail.com> wrote:
Christoph Haas ha scritto:
> If anyone has some Python code ready to do that I'll happily include
> that. Otherwise I'll put your proposal on our todo list.

I did something in PHP.
It correctly parses the package name (from debian/control, the first one only
atm), the version (from debian/changelog) and the short/long description (again
from debian/control). I'm sorry it only parses the first package in
debian/control, ASAP I'll adapt it to multiple-debs packages.

Just to complete what you (David) did, attached is a similar program
that I wrote. I wrote it in perl since I don't know python either, but
I am quite sure it could easily be translated to python. (I might even
be able to do it and include it in the already existing sources, if
someone can tell me where they are).
It can handle multiple-binary packages, and seems to work fairly well
for the packages I tested it against. Here is a sample output:

./getLongDesc.pl exaile_0.2.9+debian-3.diff
exaile: flexible audio player, similar to Amarok, but written in GTK+
Exaile is a media player aiming to be similar to KDE's Amarok, but for
GTK+. It incorporates many of the cool things from Amarok (and other
media players) like automatic fetching of album art, handling of large
libraries, lyrics fetching, artist/album information via the wikipedia,
last.fm support, optional iPod support (assuming you have python-gpod
installed).
.
In addition, Exaile also includes a built-in shoutcast directory
browser, tabbed playlists (so you can have more than one playlist open
at a time), blacklisting of tracks (so they don't get scanned into your
library), downloading of guitar tablature from fretplay.com, and
submitting played tracks on your iPod to last.fm.
.
 Homepage: http://www.exaile.org/

./getLongDesc.pl thunar_0.8.0-2.diff
libthunar-vfs-1-dev: Development files for libthunar-vfs
This package contains the headers and the static library for libthunar-vfs,
the virtual file system abstraction used by thunar

libthunar-vfs-1-2: VFS abstraction used in thunar
This package contains a library for virtual file system abstraction. It's
used by thunar, the file manager of Xfce 4.4

thunar: File Manager for Xfce
Thunar is the file manager designed to be the default file manager of Xfce 4.4
It has been designed to be fast and easy to use.
.
Please read README.Debian concerning volume management stuff.

Cheers,
  François