Re: Removing an obsolete symlink

On Tue, April 24, 2007 13:10, Daniel Leidert wrote:
>> we shouldn't touch /var/www and not enable phpmyadmin without asking.
>
> Why? What is so bad with this symlink?

- It touches /var/www which is under the administrator's control;
- It does not make sense, since the document root might be somewhere else;
- The administrator might want to run the webapp on some vhost and
  specifically not on the host that is served from /var/www;
- It enables the webapp automatically with no good way to disable it;
- It's not conformant with the Debian webapps policy.

Thijs