Re: RFS: ed2k-shutdown

* David Paleino <d.paleino@gmail.com> [2007-04-21 18:37:02 +0200]:

> Bernd Zeimetz ha scritto:
> > As far as I understand the page, those programs won't work for every
> > edonkey client, or did I miss something? We have amule in Debian, which
> > comes with the amule-utils package, which should provide those functions
> >  for amule (and probably others). From amule-util's description:
> >
> >   * ed2k: handles ed2k:// links, queueing them into aMule
> >   * cas: displays the contents of your aMule online signature
>
> These miss from ed2k-tools.
>
> >   * alcc: computes ed2k:// links for the given input files
>
> This is equivalent to ed2k-hash. Or, better, ed2k-hash is equivalent to
> this.
>
> >   * amulecmd: text-based client to control aMule or the aMule daemon
>
> Not present in ed2k-tools.
>
> I think it's better for me to package something else, as it seems like
> ed2k-tools don't work with aMule.
>
> Sorry for the ITPs and RFSs, I'll try to package something more
> interesting next time (just wanted to help Debian somehow, :-P )
>
> > Cheers,
> > Bernd
>
> Cheers,
> David

David,

Finding something else to package looks like a good decision in this case. I
personally would highly recommend that You take a look at the Debian Science
group (Charles Plessy <charles-debian@plessy.org> would be a good contact or
at the Python Modules Team as there are a lot of excellent packages to be made
there and it's easy to find willing sponsors for those - I would be happy to
sponsor your python or debian-science packages.

Regards,

Alex.