Re: .changes file over several package releases

Hi Daniel,
On Sat, 21 Apr, 2007 at 09:36:56PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some time ago (just a few weeks) I saw a .changes file, that contained
> entries for several package releases:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=373770;msg=21
>
> Which "trick" is used to create such package releases, so the .changes
> file contains the entries for several releases?

The trick is to use -v<version> option with dpkg-buildpackage

From man dpkg-buildpackage:

-vversion
    In dpkg-buildpackage, dpkg-genchanges and dpkg-parsechangelog this
    causes changelog information from all versions strictly later than
    version to be used.

Regards
Varun

--