Re: Fwd: Packaging for Debian

Thanks, Fungi and Nico.

At first moment, I just want package for personal/professional use.
I am working in a project that involves localizing/packaging the LBAdmin software.

In the future, when packaging basics are familiar for me, I would like properly package software for
inclusion into Debian, a more complicated job. And, may be, adopt other packages.
Then, I will subscribe to the debian-mentors mailing list.

Helps a lot.

Thank you very much,
John.

2007/4/18, The Fungi <fungi@yuggoth.org>:
On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 09:58:00AM -0300, John Hood wrote:
[...]
> 1. http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Debian-Binary-Package-Building-HOWTO/
[...]

This is a quick hack for when you have already-compiled software you
want to package for personal use on Debian (commercial applications
or the like).

> 2. http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/
[...]

This document describes how to properly package software for
inclusion into Debian, or when you want to have packages that are
rebuildable from a source package in an automated fashion.

If the latter is your goal, subscribing to the debian-mentors
mailing list to ask questions (after first searching through the
list archives for your answer) is highly recommended. Also, there's
much fine documentation to this end available from:

   http://mentors.debian.net/

Hope that helps!
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP( fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);