Re: yada generated deb not calling update-menus

Hoi Tim,

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 00:32 +0100, Tim Day wrote:
> I (novice deb builder) am building a deb with yada (and pbuilder) on
> Etch.  I don't have any problems getting a sensible /usr/share/menu
> entry put in place, but it doesn't actually seem to appear in any menus
> until I do a manual sudo update-menus (or install some other package
> which triggers a menu update itself).

I'm wondering why you, as a 'novice deb builder', chose yada as a
packaging helper. I wouldn't recommend it to new packagers (or at all),
because it hides large parts of the build process.

You can see that right here: there's code generated that doesn't work,
but it's very opaque what does this, why, and how to change it.

debhelper might lead to a longer debian/rules file, but it has the
advatages that you actually see which steps are taken in what order, and
that you can easily control what happens.

Thijs