Re: how pass variables from files for dh_install into rules?

On Wednesday 04 April 2007 15:52, andremachado wrote:
> I tried to use variables in package_name.install file to be read into the
> /debian/rules , presuming they could be read "as is" and then expanded into
> rules. But it failed and I had to write directly inside the rules.
> Is there a way to accomplish this in the file read?

What kind of variables? What do you want to do? package_name.install etc. are
simply read by dh_install etc. and doesn't have anything directly to do with
debian/rules, besides the fact that dh_install etc. are usually run from
there. Commonly when you have a multi-binary source package you set
DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp and let "make install" install everything there.
Then you just use dh_install to separate the files into the right packages.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)