Re: ITA/RFS: achilles (updated package)

Hi Manfred,
* Manfred Lichtenstern <manfred@lichtenstern.biz> [2007-04-02 22:33]:
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2-7.1
> of the package "achilles".
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> achilles   - An artificial life and evolution simulator
>
> The package is lintian clean.
>
> The upload would fix these bugs: 361167, 417066

A few notes:
- from changelog:
achilles (2-7.1) unstable; urgency=low

  * Non-maintainer upload.
  * New Maintainer. (Closes: #361167)
  * Added patch from Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> to add missing include
    required to build with GCC 4.3 (Closes: #417066).

 --  Manfred Lichtenstern <manfred@lichtenstern.name>  Mon,  2 Apr 2007 18:08:53 +0200

This is not correct, you are the new maintainer so it is not an NMU. So the revision
is wrong and the changelog entry for the NMU.

- copyright file is a bit broken, see http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html
- watch file is strange:
  uscan --report
  Processing watchfile line for package achilles...
  Newest version on remote site is 1, local version is 2
  achilles: remote site does not even have current version
  Can you explain the versioning here?

Fix the above issues and I'll sponsor you, please contact me off-list
(you can write in German ;)
Kind regards
Nico

--