Re: debian: user-request-daemon (it could solve some problems)

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 20:53:34 +0000
The Fungi <fungi@yuggoth.org> wrote:
> My apologies for sounding harsh, but these are basic security
> concepts that are fundamental to being able to safely provide
> privileged programmatic access to resources as another user. That
> sort of application is a serious security risk waiting to happen,
> and is in no way a task for a novice programmer. Given the years of
> testing and fixes applied to sudo to try and make it a safe
> solution, you would do well to review its current source and
> historical security holes so as to be at least slightly more certain
> you're not making the same mistakes they did (learning from the
> past). Distributing software designed to provide controlled
> privilege escalation is not something to be taken lightly, though
i will keep this in mind and do so. sorry about the interruption
concerning sudo/urequestd. yes i am novice and i should have known
better though. you did not sound harsh, but a little frustrated, but
answering anyway to my novice questioning.
> obviously what you do on your computer is none of my business.
i do what i have to do! i learn by doing and sometimes i fall on my
nose.

regards...
curt
--
make sure that anywhere in your mail the string
'debian' appears. otherwise your message will not

please cc me, i am not subscribed to the list

Curt Manucredo
curtm2 at yahoo dot de

 .''`.
: :'  :