Re: RFS: clamfs

Le samedi 24 février 2007 10:40, Krzysztof Burghardt a écrit :
> Dear mentors,

	Hi !

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "clamfs".

Some remarks concerning your package:
* debian/Makefile.{am,in}, native pakage and .orig.tar.gz
Why do you ship thos files inside the debian/ directory.
For as far as I understand they do nothing related to debian packaging.
Your software seems not to be debian specific, so the debian package should
not be native package, but be splited into an .orig.tar.gz source tarball and
a debian specific diff.gz. Also, the debian/ directory should not be
contained in the .orig tarball but in the diff.gz file.
Version number must then be in the form 0.9.0-x where x is the debian package
revision number. That way, you can publish updated debian packages based on
the same original release. This is also why the debian/ directory should not
be part of the sources.

It is also considered as a good packaging practice to do changes only in the
debian/ directory. That is to say that the diff.gz will contain only diff
related to the debian/ directory. If you have to modifiy the original source
code, you should then do it via patches placed in this directory.

* debian/copyright: the copyright should be given with the years on which
upstream author (you in this case) has worked on the project. You may also
specify an email there.

* debian/rules:
What is the meaning of the part that talks of /usr/share/misc/config.sub ?
You may also remove the uneeded calls to a dh_* fonction. I can think of
dh_link for instance, which does not seem to be used in the package.

They can be other things to say but I'll stop for that time.
I did not try neither the software nor the package build...

Romain
--
The lips of the righteous feed many:
but fools die for want of wisdom.