RFS: slim

Hello mentors,

I have updated SLiM[1] and I'm still looking for a sponsor.

There are some points that I need to clear for the current and future
state of the package.

- SLiM uses parameters for the X server from its own configuration file,
  therefore I have put the "default" one from /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc.
  I will look at a patch for SLiM to read that file instead and post it
  upstream.
- I have also get a patch from Darren Salt with a lot of improvements
  for the default behaviors:
  - rc*.d links matches the ones from xdm;
  - use the /etc/X11/Xsession script instead of any xinitrc;
  - an init script that suits better the Debian policy;
  - a postinst, templates, and config file to "Select the desired
    default display manager.". (e.g. dpkg-reconfigure slim)

I think I'm done with the current version, but I'll enjoy any comment.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/slim/slim_1.2.6-6.dsc

[1] http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=slim

Best Regards,
Mike
--
 Mike (m8t) Massonnet http://massonnet.org/     __oo
 GnuPG 0--" 0xF8C80F97                      ---(_)_">