Re: Translations of the menu system.

Am 2007-01-23 08:14:16, schrieb Charles Plessy:
> Hi Mentors,
>
> I was kindly pointed out on -devel that the Debian menu system can
> handle translations in its files.
>
> After browsing the table of contents of the documentation, I did not find
> how to integrate translations in the .menu files.
> http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/menu.html/
>
> Could somebody indicate me how to do this ?

What do you want to do exactly?

I have localized "menu" files but those should NOT installed
by default since each WindeowManager use another system.

I provice "menu" fieles for fvwm which can be instaleld by the
SystemAdmin as "local" files and will override the SystemDefault.

But using localized "menu" files require mo files on the right
place.

I have collected a serie of words and phrases I use in my arround
2200 Desktop installations (private, in my CyberCenters and at
Customers) and translated it to german and franch and my
girlfriend in arabic...

For fvwm you need to write the file like:

----8<------------------------------------------------------------------
?package(local.tdxset):needs="X11" \
	section="Preferences" \
	title="tdxset" \
	icon="16x16.tdxset.xpm" \
	icon16x16="16x16.tdxset.xpm" \
	icon32x32="16x16.tdxset.xpm"

?package(local.tdxset):needs="X11" \
	section="Preferences/tdxset" \
	title="tdxset" \
	icon="16x16.tdxset.xpm" \
	icon16x16="16x16.tdxset.xpm" \
	icon32x32="16x16.tdxset.xpm"

?package(local.tdxset):needs="X11" \
	section="Preferences/tdxset" \
	title="$[gt.Version]" \
	icon="16x16.version.xpm" \
	icon16x16="16x16.version.xpm" \
	icon32x32="32x32.version.xpm" \
	command="/usr/bin/tdxset --version"

?package(local.tdxset):needs="X11" \
	section="Preferences/tdxset" \
	title="$[gt.Help]" \
	icon="16x16.help.xpm" \
	icon16x16="16x16.help.xpm" \
	icon32x32="32x32.help.xpm" \
	command="/usr/bin/tdxset --help"

?package(local.tdxset):needs="X11" \
	section="Preferences/tdxset" \
	title="$[gt.Settings]" \
	icon="16x16.settings.xpm" \
	icon16x16="16x16.settings.xpm" \
	icon32x32="32x32.settings.xpm" \
	command="/usr/bin/tdxset"

?package(local.tdxset):needs="X11" \
	section="Preferences/tdxset" \
	title="$[gt.Activate]" \
	icon="16x16.start.xpm" \
	icon16x16="16x16.start.xpm" \
	icon32x32="32x32.start.xpm" \
	command="/usr/bin/tdxset --activate"

?package(local.tdxset):needs="X11" \
	section="Preferences/tdxset" \
	title="$[gt.Deactivate]" \
	icon="16x16.stop.xpm" \
	icon16x16="16x16.stop.xpm" \
	icon32x32="32x32.stop.xpm" \
	command="/usr/bin/tdxset --deactivate"
----8<------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me per PM...

Please note, that I have already send a patch to the "menu" package, which
prevent the adding of HOTKEYS if the construct $[gt.some_text] is used,
otherwise it will screw up the menus.

Please see my package:
    <http://freenet-homepage.de/linux4michelle/tdmenu/>

and look into the "menu-methods" how to do this...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)