Re: netcdf again

Hi Warren,

> The new packages are at [1].
>
> The newest packages remove the libnetcdf++4 package as I don't think it's
> needed.

Because of the soversion change, I agree with you that the libnetcdf++4
package (even as a dummy) is unneeded, since nothing at all depends upon it.

> Please check out these packages, and help me get them ready for upload to
> debian.

I'll be happy to take a look at these when I have a moment!

I do want to caution that because of the upcoming release, it may be
best not to upload them to Debian right now.  If they make it into Sid,
because of the soversion change it will become impossible for any more
netcdf packages (or any packages that are newly rebuilt that depend on
netcdf) to propagate into Etch except via testing-proposed-updates.

So I'd recommend either targeting experimental with these packages, or
else holding off on the upload until the Etch release.

best regards,