Re: RFS: ballview - A free molecular modeling and molecular graphicstool

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:19:24 +0100
Andreas Moll <amoll@bioinf.uni-sb.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > That is because you have packaged it as a native package, probably by
> > accident. Make sure that the upstream tarball is correctly named and in
> > the right place: it should be ballview_1.2.orig.tar.gz. The 'debuild'
> > command warns if this is not right. Please rebuild it as a non-native
> > package.
>
> After I followed this procedure I got the following errors:
>
> E: ballview source: debian-files-list-in-source
> W: ballview source: configure-generated-file-in-source source/config.log
> W: ballview source: configure-generated-file-in-source source/config.status
>
> Also I get a large diff.gz file, which should in fact be empty.

.diff.gz should never be empty for a non-native package. You are
rebuilding as non-native - if you are following the first paragraph -
so .diff.gz should not be empty. It should contain all the files in
debian/

For the rest, use lintian -i to get more information on the reasons for
these reports and tips on how to fix them.
--

Neil Williams