Re: RFS: sshproxy

OoO  Lors de la  soirée naissante  du dimanche  21 janvier  2007, vers
17:00, "Margarita Manterola" <margamanterola@gmail.com> disait:

>> The  problem is  that dh_python  is invoked  after  dh_installinit and
>> therefore,  it first tries  to invoke  the daemon,  then to  place the
>> python file  in the right place.  On install, the  daemon cannot start
>> since  python file  are not  yet in  the right  place. I  suppose that
>> without  cdbs, putting  dh_python  before dh_installinit  will do  the
>> trick  but this will  break uninstall  in some  cases (not  mine since
>> stopping the daemon  does not require python). In  cdbs, they have put
>> dh_installinit before dh_python.

> This is then a bug in cdbs, and not in debhelper as you had previously stated.

> That's one of the problems with cdbs, that it doesn't allow you to
> control what is done at each point, and therefore you end having to
> work around things, because of the order of the dh_ commands.

The bug is  in debhelper too. If I put dh_python  first, on upgrade or
deinstallation,  python files would  be removed  before the  daemon is
stopped. If stopping the daemon  require those python files, this will
break. If I  put dh_python last (like in cdbs),  the problem arises on
install.

All this is better explained in the link given in bug report #386970 :
 http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2006/10/msg00073.html
--
panic("huh?\n");
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/kernel/smp.c