Re: What to do if my package doesn't build on some architecture

Hi Kumar,

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 20:47 +0530, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> Now, I would like to know how to bail the package out of this
> situation. Do I try to fix the problem, referring it to upstream, or
> is it that I should somehow block this architecture now and keep my
> fingers crossed hoping it gets solved automagically later? How am I to
> act? Besides, I don't have access to such a machine!

It definately needs to be fixed. Debian is releasing on a set of
architectures, and for those architectures Debian will provide all
packages where reasonably possible.

Blocking or excluding an architecture is only suited for cases where
support by the package is really unfeasible, which seems not the case
here.

Possible solutions are indeed to check this with upstream to see if they
can solve it. Debian Developers also have access to every supported
architecture, so you can ask for their help in debugging. Especially the
porters for the given architecture should be able to help.

So, check whether upstream can solve it and/or tag the bug 'help' and
send a mail to the relevant porters list.

Good luck!

Thijs