What to do if my package doesn't build on some architecture

Dear Mentors,

I have come across an unexpected (serious), bug in my package libitpp,
that it doesn't build on s390. Check http://bugs.debian.org/407555

Now, I would like to know how to bail the package out of this
situation. Do I try to fix the problem, referring it to upstream, or
is it that I should somehow block this architecture now and keep my
fingers crossed hoping it gets solved automagically later? How am I to
act? Besides, I don't have access to such a machine!

Thanks.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,